Seoul shares open higher on US gains
时间:2023-12-06 18:50:06 出处:여행阅读（143）
South Korean stocks got off to a strong start Tuesday tracking overnight gains on Wall Street.
The benchmark Korea Composite Stock Price Index rose 19.23 points, or 0.79 percent, to 2,455.47 in the first 15 minutes of trading.
U.S. stocks closed higher as investors bet on big tech, with the Dow Jones Industrial Average advancing 0.93 percent and the Nasdaq Composite rising 1.2 percent.
In Seoul, tech and battery shares led the bullish opening.
Top-cap Samsung Electronics added 0.74 percent and its local rival LG Electronics rose 1.9 percent.
Leading battery maker LG Energy Solution climbed 1.05 percent and Posco Future M jumped 3.43 percent.
Leading pharmaceutical firm Samsung Biologics and SK bioscience rose 0.98 percent and 1.06 percent, respectively.
The local currency was trading at 1,349.75 won against the US dollar at 9:15 a.m., up 3.95 won from the previous session's close. (Yonhap)
- [Contribution] Why hope matters in climate crisis
- [Weekender] Behind the scenes of Korean food crazes
- [New in Korean] Ancient Korean mummy unearthed in Irish peatland
- US finalizes national security 'guardrails' for CHIPS funding
- Foreign workers' deaths get weak sanctions
- Golden apples: Why fruit prices are national issue in early autumn
- BTS' Suga begins military service
- PM to meet with Xi on sidelines of Asian Games in Hangzhou
- TvN Sports, CGV to screen Bundesliga’s first ‘Korean derby’