[Herald Interview] Alex Olle’s realistic reimagination of opera ‘Norma’ keeps art form alive
时间:2023-12-06 18:34:53 出处:쇼핑阅读（143）
In opera, tradition often takes center stage. But director Alex Olle of La Fura dels Baus boldly reshapes timeless classics with realism, breathing fresh life into operatic experience while challenging the boundaries of tradition.
The opera “Norma,” which premiered as the opening production of the 2016 season at the Royal Opera House in the UK, is set to be staged at the Seoul Arts Center on Oct. 26-29.
"I wanted to come to Korea for at least a week to meet the actors and help them build the characters," said Olle, speaking to a group of reporters at the Seoul Arts Center. The 63-year-old Spanish director was in Korea ahead of the Seoul performance.
"The stage is alive. That's why it always has room to improve when you have a different location."
After the Korean production of “Norma,” Olle will direct the new opera “The Love of the Three Kings (L'amore dei tre re)” at La Scala Theater in Milan.
- 北, 러시아 외무장관 방북 발표…내달 18~19일 방문
- How college students are coping with the impact of inflation
- 'Frasier' returns to TV but you don't need to be a superfan of the original to laugh at its jokes
- Seoul shares open higher on US gains; Israel
- Yoon, doctors set to clash over medical school quota
- Hamas surprise attack out of Gaza leaves hundreds dead in fighting, retaliation
- 33년 경찰 경력 내세워…“안심구청장 누구입니까”
- Jungkook of BTS to hold fan showcase on Nov. 20
- [Korea Beyond Korea] In Paris, soaring demand for Korean studies yet to be fully met