Wage talks between Kia, labor union fail again
时间:2023-12-06 18:28:20 出处:영화阅读（143）
The labor union of Kia Corp., South Korea's second-largest automaker, said Sunday it has failed to settle wage talks with the company again, raising the possibility of it staging a partial strike starting later this week.
Unless the two sides resume negotiations and reach an agreement by Tuesday, the union is expected to go on an eight-hour strike from Tuesday to Thursday and a 12-hour walkout on Oct. 20 as planned.
The move by Kia's union came as unionized workers of Hyundai Motor Co. voted last month to accept this year's wage deal, averting a strike for the fifth consecutive year. (Yonhap)
- Supporters of Israel hold rally in Seoul, urge Hamas to stop atrocities
- Civic group to celebrate 70th anniversary of S. Korea
- Swimmer, gamers celebrate Chuseok with gold medals
- 2023 LoL World Championship to entertain esports fans
- [Korea Beyond Korea] In Paris, soaring demand for Korean studies yet to be fully met
- Long Chuseok holiday to boost domestic trips
- S. Korean refiners set for turnaround in Q3 on stronger margins
- With teammate's help, inconsolable shooter regroups in time to win bronze
- Welcome Daehakro Festival lights up Seoul's stage hub