Russian FM to visit Pyongyang next month as follow
时间:2023-10-05 00:47:47 出处:부모와 아이阅读（143）
Russia's top diplomat said Saturday he will visit North Korea next month as part of follow-up measures to the rare summit between their leaders earlier this month.
Russian Foreign Minister Sergey Lavrov made the remarks during a press conference at the UN headquarters in New York, saying that the upcoming visit follows the agreement between North Korean leader Kim Jong-un and Russian President Vladimir Putin.
Kim and Putin held the summit at a Russian spaceport on Sept. 13, raising speculation North Korea may have reached a deal to supply ammunition for Russia's war in Ukraine in exchange for food aid and the transfer of weapons technology.
Observers say Putin's visit to North Korea could be discussed during Lavrov's trip, as the Russian leader earlier accepted Kim's invitation extended to him at the summit. (Yonhap)
- [Herald Interview] 'UN peacekeeping forces need better gender equity'
- [Book Review] 'Lee Kun
- Allies vow stern measures against Russia
- S. Korean firms urge US to clarify 'foreign entity of concern'
- The Korea Herald to hold space forum on Oct. 11
- [Korea Beyond Korea] Early Korean history remains virtually unknown abroad
- PM arrives in China for Asian Games, meeting with Xi
- S. Korea, US conduct underwater search operation for downed jet, Korean War remains
- “러시아 공군기, 평양 도착…북러 간 접촉 활발”